Tuesday 5 March 2019

Proposal

My Proposal:

Candidate
Name

Demaru Kamara
Candidate Number
S1800196
Project Title
Unit 8 Project

Section 1: Rationale (Approx 100 words)
In the past 7 units, I gained great cinematography skills like how to shift focus, and how to follow the rules within cinematography like, for example, the 180 rule. I had also improved on my editing skills from being tasked with putting together horror scenes and from recording and editing my documentary. I polished on my photography skills and learnt how to set up infinity lighting and how to use every setting on a DSLR camera like, for example, aperture priority from having lots of experience in a photography studio. Moreover, I now know how to colour correct and how to use white balance and ISO correctly. Because I have gained these skills, I have chosen to create a music video.
Section 2: Project Concept (approx 200 words)
Idea 1music video:

           “Forest” (Theme)
           Music video could be shot in the forest
            Incorporate lots of environmental shots; trees, sky, pond, etc.
            Song should, somewhat, link to the theme of “nature”
            Lots of cinematic/dramatic shots
            Possibly make a cover to a song

I have chosen to create a music video that is forest themed because I have been practicing on my camerawork and I feel I could really push myself in terms of capturing high quality shots and cinematic visuals. Moreover, I feel as though the simple music videos that use a range of different shots and lots cinematic B-Roll can make a song seem even better than it already is. An example of a music video that has a similar format is “SL – Tropical” but, instead of it being shot in the forest, it’s shot in the snow; possibly in Switzerland. What makes this video good is the location is nature and I like this natural aesthetic. Also, I like how there is lots of B-Roll and cinematic shots and how they have also used a drone to capture shots. In order to shoot my music video, I will need, a DSLR camera, the appropriate lenses to capture different shot types and cinematic B-Roll. To capture cinematic shots I will need a Steadicam to stop the camera shaking.
Section 3: Evaluation (approx 50 words)
In regards to how I plan on evaluating my work, I have chosen to make weekly logs on my blogger. In my weekly evaluation I plan on talking about, in great detail, what I did and the problems I had during the week. I will also talk about what I plan on doing next.
Proposed Research Sources and Bibliography (Harvard Format)                





No comments:

Post a Comment