Monday 1 April 2019

treatment

treatment:


My plan for my Unit 8 Assessment is to create a Music video based around the theme of radical and welcome to the forest. The genre of music I have chosen is Rap and this is because I enjoy listening to this genre and I feel that I have lots of knowledge because of this. The song I have chosen to make my music video to is "Kodak Black - If I'm Lyin I'm Flyin". The song is 2 minutes and 10 seconds long and within this time frame, I want to use a range of shot types, effects and transitions. I chose this song because It's a song that is new and is a part of this new wave of Rap and has a positive message.  In the song, Kodak is talking about how he recently came out of jail and has come to the realisation that he has a talent and gift that he doesn't want to go to waste and is now grateful for what he has. He doesn't want to go back to his old life and realises that he needs to stop screwing himself over. He also talks about how his old friends have used him to get what they want and he has learnt that you should keep your circle small and he isn't afraid to cut anyone off. Kodak uses his new and unique sound and will allow me to explore different ideas and concepts that i will incorporate in my music video.

 The locations i want to shoot my music video is a park in Chelsea called Kyoto Garden; a Japanese themed garden which has lots of features like a waterfall, and beautiful scenery. I also want to shoot parts of my music video in a restaurant and in a Mercedes. I want to use these locations because i feel that they convey the idea that the artist is successful and is able to ride around in fancy cars and eat at these fancy restaurants. My music video concept is for my video to pose as a home made film and with these locations i feel i can successfully do so. I want it to seem as im recording my performer live his life. I also want to use props like fake money and champagne bottles as they would put emphasis on the fact that my performer is successful and is living life to the fullest.

For my music video, i want to only have one actor/performer in my music video however, i want extras in my music video to pose as the performers friends to create this idea that he isn't alone in his success and that he has put all his friends on and now they're all successful together. My actor will be wearing lots of high end designer clothing which is typical to what would be worn in a normal rap music video, The themes I will be incorporating into my music video are the nature and radicalism. i will do this by incorporating environmental b-roll shots in the park but using unusual transitions and effects that are popular in the rap genre. for example, i want to try and use an effect called datamoshing and this effect is very unique and was rarely used in music videos, however, A$AP Rocky started the trend of using it in rap music videos and has began to popup in a few as of late. I want to create a VHS/Videotape/home film style video and in order to do so i would need to use effects to make my video look more vintage



No comments:

Post a Comment